We are excited to help our partner Epson America get the message out about the forthcoming national availability of its new Epson digital document camera, introduced recently.
Besides the DC-20 camera’s amazing quality and powerful zoom, there are also connectivity aspects which will help in A-V solutions in K-12 classrooms. The camera is able to directly connect to light projectors via its HDMI output, giving students a full 1080p HD quality video experience.
“This new Epson document camera advances existing tools currently in use in school districts and schools across the country,” remarked CCS Marketing Manager Julie Solomon. “Students will be amazed when they see the crispness and clarity displayed in the class lesson materials on screens.”
Here are a few top-line benefits to teachers for enriched learning:
- PC-free Annotation: Write or draw over live images by simply plugging in a wired USB mouse – no computer necessary
- Built-in Microphone: Record audio with video lessons
- Application Software: Provides advanced functionality such as editing captured images, recording time-lapse photography, video web upload, and file management
- Microscope Adapter: Connect to any standard microscope eye-piece to share magnified images with the entire class
- Image Storage: Capture, store and present images via 1GB internal memory, SD card slot or USB flash drive port
- Split Screen Function: Display images side-by-side, perfect for comparing before and after photos
- Camera Flexibility: Camera head rotates +/- 90 degrees to capture many angles – record white board images, student faces, or classroom wall
Teachers and school districts will be able to start to see the DC-20 document camera later in the fall. We will have them in November 2012 for review.
CCS is proud to handle products from Epson. The global imaging company that makes products like ink-jet printers and 3LCD projectors, to sensors and other microdevices, also has its eyes on the education market. With the training and expertise that CCS Presentation Systems offers teachers and school administrators, students will reap the benefits of the very best in digital teaching tools for the next century of K-12 learning.