Underscoring its leadership in the projector market, Epson America, Inc. today announced it continues to hold the number one position in North America for 2013. According to PMA Research, the worldwide market information experts on projectors, Epson’s continued momentum in the market by growing its overall North America market share to 39 percent in units in 2013, representing a five-point increase year-over-year and the largest share growth of any manufacturer .
With positive revenue growth four years in a row, Epson had the largest total revenue increase in the North American projector market in 2013 with a 24 percent share, which represents a nearly six-point increase year-over-year.
“2013 was a record breaking year for Epson projectors in North America. Extending our number one position and growing our market share is a testament to the outstanding performance and benefits of Epson 3LCD technology,” said Richard Miller, director, Projector Product Management, Epson America. “This growth is also a great win for Epson channel partners who provide home theater, business, education, and house-of-worship customers the very best Epson projection solutions and deliver the ideal combination of brightness, performance and flexibility.”
Epson’s 3LCD line-up delivers ultra-bright, high-quality performance coupled with innovative features and technology advancements, such as leading color brightness performance with up to three times brighter colors, innovative collaboration tools on its BrightLink interactive projectors, MHL-enabled home cinema projectors for instant access to HD content, increased energy efficiency across solutions, and easy wireless presenting and viewing with its free Epson iProjection app. Beyond performance, Epson strives to offer a full network of service and support to give dealers, installers, partners, and customers an outstanding overall experience.
Epson’s projector technology leadership spans multiple market segments:
- Resolution Categories: Held the number one spot in major resolution categories, including SVGA, XGA, 720p4, WXGA, and consumer 1080p
- Home Theater: Retained its leadership position within the home entertainment market with 52 percent unit market share and the lead spot in the 1080p category
- Business: Maintained its pole position within the business market, increasing its unit share five points to 37 percent, the largest share growth of any manufacturer
- Interactive Projectors: Drove market leadership for the fourth straight year in the rapidly growing interactive projector market with its BrightLink interactive projectors for education and business, gaining four unit share points year-over-year
- Installation: Continued its leading position within high-end projectors (4,000+ lumens) with its Epson PowerLite Pro G- and Pro Z-series projectors, increasing unit share by nearly three points year-over-year
In addition, according to recent sell-through unit data, Epson retained the top spot in each of the four channels of Pro AV, Distribution, Commercial Reseller, and Retail in 2013 in North America.
Look to CCS Presentation Systems for full-service integration of all your audio-visual equipment and integration. We work with LCD & plasma displays, digital projectors, interactive whiteboards, room control systems, audio systems, high definition videoconferencing systems and more. CCS is one of the largest A/V integrators in the U.S. with more than 300 employees, sales offices in 13 states and annual revenue in excess of $115 million. For more information about CCS, visit ccsprojects.com.