As you may have read earlier this year on our blog, CCS offered its second annual “Design Your Ideal Classroom” technology grant – a great opportunity for Arizona K-12 educators to win a technology infused classroom and training worth thousands of dollars.
CCS just announced the grant winner for the 2010-2011 school year – Kristina Manning from the Arizona School for the Deaf.
The technology she’ll be receiving – valued at about $15,000 – will significantly improve the learning process for the students and allow her to cover topics in greater depth. Currently the students miss out on a lot of instructional time. This is because nearly 50 percent of classroom time is spent on students leaving their seats to answer questions in American Sign Language and then scanning for visual clues from classmates to see who the next respondent will be.
List of technology she’ll be receiving:
• 1 Widescreen SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard
• 1 NEC 40” Large Format LCD Display
• 1 EPSON 450W Ultra Short-throw Projector
• 1 eInstruction 32-pad CPS Pulse student response system
• 1 eInstruction Mobi wireless slate system – 1 teacher and 2 students
• 1 AverMedia CP155 document camera
• 1 EPSON GT-500 Workforce Scanner
• 4 RM Education TTS Tuff Cams
• 1 Ergotron TeachWell Media cart
These new audio and visual tools are expected to make it possible to have 100 percent student participation without orchestrating visual turn-taking around the classroom.
Kristina Manning’s winning application was complete with letters of support from her first and second grade students